The Moysa Kiddos

The Moysa Kiddos

June 15, 2009

swim lessons... hahaha baby torture

So friday was Greyson's first swim lesson... it was horrible. My cousin Jeffs girlfriend, Laura is graciously giving lessons to Grey. She taught swimming lessons for eight years so I felt completely confidant with her teaching my "baby" boy. Its nerve racking as a mother to hand your child off to someone, let alone in water right?? So anyway, all day Friday we talked about Miss Laura, swiming lessons, going in the pool, mommy not being in the pool, just Miss Laura etc. So all day Grey was so excited. He kept asking for the pool and I kept telling him later, later. So finally the time came, noon, and we headed down to the pool. Grey was holding his new swim noodle with pride. We got into the pool area and waited for Miss Laura to arrive. As soon as she did, Grey got super quiet and shy. It went down hill from there. Laura had told me it is usuallybetter if mommy isn't there to watch cause kids usually try to get to their mom instead of paying attention, that and seeing me made him cry worse. So I headed up to the house, but took a few "momarazzi" photos from up above the pool.

Not so sure about getting in with this "stranger'

cry cry cry it was horrible to hear




kick kick

he was screaming the entire time
So, I don't have another lesson planned yet, I feel like I am torturing my child. With all that is coming up in the next two weeks... geoffs bday, fathers day, nephews bday, grey and laurens bday, garage sale and then Hawaii... I don't know if I have it in me. I will keep you all posted on the swim stuff. If this June Gloom would go away I am sure Grey would be jumpin right into the pool. Is it Hawaii time yet???




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Bri! Poor Grey! I have to tell ya, despite the tears, he sure looks cute...he totally looks like he is scared of the water, even though he is a total beach boy! Give him another month or two and maybe he'll be excited about it.. who knows?!