The Moysa Kiddos

The Moysa Kiddos

December 10, 2009

getting tough

I have been handling having Geoff gone pretty well up until this point. I think my threshold must be two weeks... I can get thru 2 weeks, but anything more is way too tough. I have past the point of feeling like it would be nice to have him home to help with the dog, thrash, playing with Grey etc...to really needing him here for me!!!!! I am lonely and missing the warmth of my husband. I love the holidays....the lights, the smells, the decorations, the music...but I have to say its not putting me more in the holiday spirit, it is just making me sadder. I miss my husband. Yesterday was supposed to be a fun day, I played hooky from work, Grey and I did some xmas shopping and then we just hang out at the house. But, instead of it being a great day it just gave me too much time to think about Geoff and him not being here... I don't remember the last time we did xmas shopping together? Its always me by myself. I did the outside xmas lights by myself. Now, I don't want this post to seem like this is Geoffs fault cause obviously its not...this is his job and what supports our family. I appreciate him working so hard because I know this trip is hard for him too. Its just a different type of hard. He is missing us...but has distractions like BIG waves, friends and karaoke at the Analog house on a Wed night...I on the other hand wake up early, get myself and Grey ready for the day, get Grey dropped off to the sitter then off to work...get off work, pick up Grey, do dinner, do bath, get him ready for bed...8 o'clock comes and its just the dog and me on the couch... my day isn't full of distractions, its full of moments that remind that my hubby isn't here to help the day run smoother. It always runs smoother when Geoff's here!!!
I really hope the next 12 days go by quickly, not just for my sake, but so you all don't have to hear many more of these posts.

I miss you babe...I can't wait for our home to finally feel like the holidays!!!

Love you

No comments: