The Moysa Kiddos

The Moysa Kiddos

March 8, 2009

His room

So I think I am too hard on myself... I still am not happy with Grey's room, I am sick and ridiculous I know.... but this is what I do, design!!! But when it is for my own house, I just can't handle. So I have figured out part of my issue is that Grey has 4 different pieces of furniture all in a different colors!!!! I mean, seriously, am I trying to drive myself crazy.... so my solution is: I am getting rid of his navy blue nightstand that I bought 5 years ago from Target on sale for Geoff and my Balboa apartment and I bought a super cheap ( cause I had a coupon) sidetable from Michaels, its unfinished wood so I am going to stain it dark espresso like his bed.... one problem solved. But I need to figure out what to do about his changing table. Its white, cause it matched his crib. I would love to put a dresser in his room, in place of his changing table, but what do we do when another little one comes along??? Do I get a low dresser and just put his changing pad on it, sell his changing table to help pay for the dresser??? aaaaaaahhhhhh Its all driving me nuts. I just painted three unfinished wood frames dark espresso so I can hang three 5x7 prints of him that are so cute... but then what! Just had to share my frustration, I will upload new pics when I figure it out

2 comments:

jbel said...

I have a suggestion: paint his room. I don't know if that's possible (depending on whether or not you own or rent) but I feel it makes a HUGE diff. Restoration Hardware has some really good colors, one of them being atmospheric blue. I love it! I used it in my kitchen back east. Everyone LOVED it. Anywho, I think it'd go great in a space room.

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha ha, now you feel my pain. Ditch the changing table for sure! When the new baby comes ( and I love that you are thinking about this already) just put a changing pad on top. Thats what we did. There are even attachments you can but to put on the top of a dresser that has a little lip so the pad doesn't slip off. Sell it on craigslist and buy a new dresser. That means that when the new baby does come, you'll need a new crib though. Not to add more to your headache, but I'm just saying. But then you can sell the crib and get a new one :) Good luck friend!